The new version of Section 504 Assistant© is designed to assist schools in conducting their Section 504 meetings. This version of Section 504 Assistant is compliant with the Department of Justice ADAAA Amendments of 2016, which increased major life activities from 20 to 22.
Section 504 Assistant
Section 504 Assistant® provides all of the forms for the Section 504 process:
- Section 504 Referral
- Invitation letters for all 504 meetings (eligibility, reevaluation, and manifestation)
- Eligibility, including Section 504 Plan Review and Reevaluation forms
- 504 Plan. The Section 504 plan can be printed or imported to a school's Section 504 plan.
- Manifestation Determination
There are over 800 different accommodations in Section 504 Assistant and over 5,100 total accommodations. This includes quizzes/tests, school trips, emergency exits from the school, shelter-in-place, and adaptive physical education fields for most of the disabilities listed.
Schools are not limited to the accommodations in the program and they can easily include their own custom accommodations in a student's Section 504 Plan. There are a total of 434 expandable fields for custom Section 504 recommendations with related services fields for each disability.
The Section 504 Assistant now includes 106 disabilities including a new disability, Long COVID, which was introduced by the ADA (with 248 accommodations). You can download a PDF list of the disorders and the number of accommodations for each disability below.
The Section 504 Assistant for state assessments includes Smarter Balanced and Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) accommodations as well as general accommodations for these assessments. There are an additional 34 accommodations for state assessments and 20 for college entrance tests/AP exams.
- Assists schools in conducting Section 504 meetings
- Assists schools in writing Section 504 Plans
- Assists schools in maintaining and generating Section 504 student lists
- Includes 106 Section 504 Disabilities
- Includes the major disability areas cited by ADA:
- Central Auditory Processing
- Communicable Disease
- Long COVID (New!)
- Orthopedic Impairment
- Social Maladjustment
- Temporary Injury
- Also includes other ADA-recognized disabilities:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (New!)
- Fine Motor
- Neurological Disorder
- Seizure Disorder
- Sensory Processing Disorder (New!)
- Spina Bifida
- Tourette Syndrome
- Vision Impairment
- 106 total Section 504 disability areas
Total Accommodations: 5,163
Over 800 different accommodations
- Generic 504 disability and accommodations for a disability not listed in Section 504 Assistant
- 41 expanding fields for custom recommendations
Section 504 Disorders and Accommodations
If you are viewing this on a smart device, or your browser does not support inline PDFs, you can access the full list at this link: Section 504 Disorders and Accommodations (PDF).