The Structured Dyslexia Assessment (SDA)© is designed to help school psychologists make difficult determinations as to whether a student’s reading problems may be due to dyslexia.
Structured Dyslexia Assessment
- A 38-item checklist for grades K-3, which may be emailed to teachers or parents. The items checked and returned are entered on the checklist in the program, and are included in the analysis, based on which type of dyslexia they relate to.
- A Dyslexia Diagnostic Table is provided for the three types of data, and Diagnostic Statements generated, based on the level of dysfunction indicated for each.
- Automatically generates a menu of specific Interventions and Accommodations, from which the user may choose those appropriate for the individual student.
- Allows the user to enter the Referral Reason and Background Information.
- All of the information entered is collated into an easy-to-read, multi-page report, including recommendations, graphs, and charts, which may be given to parents and schools.